The Curtis Palmer hydro facility consists of two run-of-river hydroelectric generating stations located on the Hudson River, in Corynth, NY. In 2014, CHC provided two 2250 mm vertical axial flow Kaplan open flume turbines to replace two of the five horizontal units located in the Curtis powerhouse, which were running but in poor mechanical condition. The existing generators were removed, reconfigured as vertical units, and reinstalled with the new turbines. The turbine replacement was completed in the Spring of 2014 and the two-unit combined capacity has increased from 2.2 to 3.0 MW.
- Two Unit Replacement - Increased Plant Capacity
- Two (2) 2250 mm Axial Flow Kaplan Open Flume
- Net Head 6.95 m (22.8 ft)
- 1590 kW per unit
- Commissioned 2014