The East Millinocket Hydro Facility is located on the Penobscot River in the town of Millinocket, Maine. The plant was originally constructed by the Great Northern Paper Company, and was acquired by Brookfield in 2002. The plant’s configuration consists of six quad-Francis assemblies, each assembly having four runners on one shaft
CHC provided a total of ten replacement Francis turbines and refurbished associated components. The first two 1120 mm horizontal Francis units were provided in 2005 to replace two of the 4 runners on the plants No. 6 quad assembly. Another four 1120 mm Francis runners were delivered to the plant in 2006 to upgrade the plant’s No. 2 quad assembly. And finally, a set of four more 1120 mm Francis runners were provided in 2007 to upgrade the plant’s No. 1 quad assembly.
- Ten (10) 1120 mm Horizontal Francis Runners
- Quad Turbine Assemblies
- Output 290 kW per unit