The Fulton power plant was originally built in the early 1920s and is located on the Oswego River in the City of Fulton, New York. After a number of failures with the existing equipment, the plant was completely shut down in 2013. CHC presented several upgrade options but Brookfield’s requirement to maintain the existing plant footprint and to re-use the existing generators, switchgear and controls narrowed down the possibilities.
In 2016, CHC supplied two open flume, conventional propeller turbines – one turbine, 2250 mm in diameter, the other 1700 mm - along with new draft tube cones to fit into the existing water passage. The new equipment has a combined capacity of 1.3 MW.
- 1.3 MW Combined Output
- 2250 mm and 1700 mm Conventional Propeller turbines, Open Flume
- Net Head 5.18 m (17 ft)
- Commissioned 2017