The Higley generating station was built in 1913 and is located on the Raquette River in the State of New York. The original plant contained threeFrancis turbines producing just over 4 MW of power.
In 2002, a new plant was constructed next to the existing plant, for which CHC provided four 1500 mm axial flow turbines – two propeller and two Kaplan. The existing units remained in service during construction of the new powerhouse providing uninterrupted power generation.In addition to the turbines, the equipment package supplied by CHC included two 1575 kW/450 RPM synchronous generators, hydraulic power units, switchgear, controls and protection package. The new plant was commissioned in 2003 and the turbines and generators have a combined capacity of 6.2 MW.
- Water-to-Wire Equipment Package
- Four (4) 1500 mm Axial Flow
- Two Propeller, Two Kaplan
- Combined Production Capacity 6.2 MW
- Commissioned 2002